First, we’ll check some general information about NCL Jade.
Our heroine began operations in 2006 under the NCL America flag.
Senator Daniel Inouye officially named her in the City of Angels in May of the same year.
Norwegian Jade capacity is 3,590 cruise lovers and more than 1,000 crew members.
Currently, the vessel operates various voyages in Europe and the Caribbean.
These were just “plain facts.” Now we’ll tell you some interesting details about the liner and her story.
1. The vessel joined the cruise family as Pride of Hawaii. It’s easy to guess that she was intended to help her guests explore Hawaii. In this market, she became a companion of Pride of America (still operates sailing for NCL under this name) and Pride of Aloha (today known as Norwegian Sky).
3. This cruise lady cost the company more than half a billion dollars. She became the largest and most expensive ever United States-flagged passenger vessel.
4. In 2008, the liner was repositioned to Europe. One of the primary reasons was increased competition between companies offering sailings in Hawaii. She got a new name and appearance, as well as a casino.
5. It’s interesting to know that despite her redeployment, the vessel still had Hawaiian themed decor until a dry dock in 2017. A bit later, we’ll talk about this makeover in more detail.
6. Together with Louis Olympia, Thomson Spirit, Grand Holiday, and other well-known liners, Norwegian Jade helped to ease accommodation shortages in Sochi during the 2014 Winter Olympics.
7. In spring 2017, she had a significant renovation. After three-week-long refurbishment, Norwegian Jade received new style, new dining venues, and lounges, refurbished staterooms, refreshed décor, etc.
8. Before the "Star Trek: The Cruise" voyage aboard Norwegian Jade in January of the current year, William Shatner who played James T. Kirk, captain of the USS Enterprise, in the Star Trek franchise requested NCL to stop offering swimmings with dolphins on this sailing. We didn’t find official comments of NCL.
BTW, our heroine will take another Star Trek voyage early next year. She will depart from Miami on 1/4/2019. We wonder whether William Shatner’s colleagues (Michael Dorn, Nana Visitor, Gates McFadden, and others) will support his idea?
9. Another themed sailing that our heroine will take soon is the Rock ‘N’ Wrestling Rager at Sea. The voyage from Miami to the Bahamas will take place on 10/27/2018-10/31/2018.
It's time to check several more Norwegian Jade pictures!