Activities, Natural sights
Ajuy is a small remote fishing village on the west coast of Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. It is part of the municipality Pájara. Not far from Ajuy is where the Norman Jean de Béthencourt landed in 1402 in order to conquer the island for the Spanish crown.
Puerto de la Peña is a small settlement of Ajuy that used to serve as a port of the old island capital of Betancuria. The port was later raided by pirates. Caleta Negra (Spanish for "Black Bay") lies 2 km from Ajuy. Near this bay there is an old lime kiln. The limestone from Ajuy was considered particularly pure and was shipped from this place up to the second half of the 19th century.