History and museums
The Burkhart-Dibrell House is a historic house at 500 Main Street in Ketchikan, Alaska. This three story wood frame house was built in 1904 by H. Z. Burkart, the founder of Ketchikan Spruce Mills, and is the only significant surviving Queen Anne style house in Ketchikan. It occupies a prominent position at the head of Main Street, and has long been a local landmark. In 1916 the house was purchased by Captain Walter Dibrell, Superintendent of Lighthouses for all of Alaska. The house's most prominent feature is its turret with conical roof and gold spire.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.