Chapel of Mercy, Monaco-Ville
History and museums
The Chapel of Mercy (French: La Chapelle de la Miséricorde) is a Roman Catholic church on the Rue Basse in Monaco's Monaco-Ville district.
The chapel was built in 1639 and served as the seat of the Brotherhood of the Black Penitents. Honoré II, Prince of Monaco served as the brotherhood's first prior. The interior decoration features wooden sculpture by François Joseph Bosio.