Church of St George, Valletta
History and museums
The Church of St George is a Greek Orthodox Church situated in Valletta, Malta. It is the only orthodox church in Malta.
The church was founded 1816 by Greeks and Cypriots living in Malta. The building where the church was founded was an old house which was later converted into a church. The church falls under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. The certificates of baptisms, marriages and deaths that took place at this church are located at the Mdina Cathedral museum archives.