First Lutheran Church
History and museums
The First Lutheran Church in Ketchikan, Alaska is a historic church at 1200 Tongass Avenue. It was designed by architect W.G. Brust of Seattle and was built in 1930 by Ketchikan local builder Carl Foss. It is a two-story wood frame structure, with a three-story tower at its southwest corner. The windows along the sides are rectangular sash windows on the first level, and narrow Gothic lancet windows on the taller second level grouped in threes in rectangular openings. The main entry is in through an arched opening in the tower, with the door topped by a multi-light transom window.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1987.