Fontana del Gigante, Naples
History and museums
The Fontana del Gigante or Fountain of the Giant is a monumental fountain in Naples.
It was designed in the 17th century by Michelangelo Naccherino and Pietro Bernini for the Royal Palace of Naples, where it stood near a colossal ancient statue, and thereby gained its name. From there it was moved to the site of Palace of the Immacolatella, but in 1905, it was moved to it present pictoresque site, on via Partenope, near the Castel dell'Ovo. It is also called the Fontana dell'Immacolatella.