History and museums
The Frances House is a historic house at 137 6th Street in Juneau, Alaska. The three story wood frame house was built in 1898 by Jerry Eicherly, then Juneau's postmaster. In 1911 it was purchased by Jerry Rustgard, the Alaska Territory's attorney general, and in 1927 it was rescued from demolition by Frances Davis, a noted painter of Alaskan scenes, from whom the house derives its name. The house is a notable local example of vernacular Queen Anne styling, with a busy roofline, varied siding, and narrow Italianate windows.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.