History and museums
Geiranger Church (Norwegian: Geiranger kyrkje) is a parish church in Stranda Municipality in Møre og Romsdal county, Norway. It is located in the village of Geiranger, and the end of the famous Geirangerfjorden. The church is part of the Geiranger parish in the Austre Sunnmøre deanery in the Diocese of Møre. The white, wooden, octagonal church was built in 1842 by the architect Hans Klipe. The church seats about 114 people. The church is the third building on the site. The first building dates back to around 1450 and it was torn down and replaced in 1731. The second church lasted until it burned on 2 July 1841. The third and current church was completed in 1842.