Georges Island Lighthouse
History and museums
Georges Island Lighthouse is a prominent concrete lighthouse, built in 1917 which replaced an earlier tower built in 1876. The light-keeper's house remains standing a few hundred feet to the north. The lighthouse is operated by the Canadian Coast Guard.
The lighthouse was automated in 1972, and in 2005 the foghorn was decommissioned.
In the summer of 2006 the lighthouse was used by the U.S. Navy in training exercises.