The Glover Playgrounds are three playgrounds in the Adelaide Park Lands in Adelaide, South Australia. They were established by Charles R.J. Glover, a Lord Mayor of Adelaide and a philanthropist. Despite maps to the contrary he had no relationship with the West Terrace playground.
The playground on South Terrace was established in 1918. The original shelter shed is still present. Its coordinates are 34.935762°S 138.604707°E / -34.935762; 138.604707 (Glover Playground, South Terrace)
The playground on LeFevre Terrace was established in 1920 with a donation of ₤500 from Glover on the corner with Tynte Street. It is locally known as the helicopter playground after one of the current pieces of equipment.
On November 2, 2014, a "Little Library for Little People in a Little Park" was established, which is a small free library for book-swapping. The books are all aimed for children using the playground or nearby. The library was set up by a trio of volunteers (Julia Blanka, Valdis Dunis and Viviana Waller) with support from the Adelaide City Council, and is affiliated with the Little Free Library organization.
The playground has electric barbecues, picnic tables and toilets as well as playground equipment.
The toilet block contains a kiosk, now closed. Its co-ordinates are 34.904625°S 138.60069°E / -34.904625; 138.60069 (Glover Playground, LeFevre Terrace)
The playground on East Terrace was established in 1925 on the corner with Wakefield Street. The original shelter shed is still present. It's co-ordinates are 34.927326°S 138.614415°E