History and museums
Hammerfest Church (Norwegian: Hammerfest kirke) is the main parish church in Hammerfest Municipality in Finnmark county, Norway. It located in the town of Hammerfest. The church is part of the Hammerfest parish in the Hammerfest deanery in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The church is the main church of the deanery. The stone/concrete church was built in 1961 by the architect Hans Magnus. The church seats about 525 people.
Throughout history there have been many churches in Hammerfest, dating back to about 1620. The previous church was burned down when the Germans withdrew from Finnmark in 1944. That church was situated near the present location. The current church was a part of the large reconstruction project in Hammerfest that was inaugurated in July 1961.