History and museums
Hillesøy Church (Norwegian: Hillesøy kirke) is a parish church in the municipality of Tromsø in Troms county, Norway. It is located in the Brennsholmen area on the western part of the island of Kvaløya. The church is part of the Hillesøy parish in the Tromsø arch-deanery in the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. The white wooden church was built in 1889 and it seats about 450 people. The architect was D. G. Evjen.
Originally, Hillesøy Church was located on the island of Hillesøya, just west of Sommarøy. The church seated about 150 people, but as time went on, the church became too small for the parish and it was decided to move the church to another location that was more central in the parish. A site at Brensholmen on the western coast of Kvaløya was chosen and the new church was built there in 1889.