Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church
History and museums
Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church is a historic Roman Catholic church complex located within the Archdiocese of Baltimore in the Federal Hill neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland, United States.
The complex consists of a group of four brick buildings: an 1860 Gothic Revival church (remodeled in 1885 and 1907), an 1871 Italianate rectory-convent, a 1903 Romanesque Revival school, and a 1928 Tudor Revival rectory. The church has a cruciform plan and features a 200 foot steeple composed of a 125 foot tower and a 75 foot copper-clad spire. A shallow choir loft contains the 1886 organ with its stenciled pipes. The Archdiocese listed the church as a German parish until 1959.
Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.