Holy Trinity Church
History and museums
Holy Trinity Church, also known as the Church of the Holy Trinity (Episcopal) located at 325 Gold Street in Juneau, Alaska. The present church building was built in 2009, replacing an 1896 structure which burned in 2006.
The old church was designed by architect George E. James in the Carpenter Gothic style, and was built by Foss and Olsen in 1896 to serve a mission congregation founded only the year before. Sometime before 1914 the church building was raised up to allow the addition of a basement. The parish hall built in 1956 did not continue the Carpenter Gothic architecture of the church itself. From 1918-1914, the church served as the pro-cathedral of the Episcopal Diocese of Alaska. On October 19, 1978, the church was added to the National Register of Historic Places.