History and museums
Ilen Church (Norwegian: Ilen kirke, also called Ila Church) is a parish church in the municipality of Trondheim in Sør-Trøndelag county, Norway. It is located in the Ila area in the city of Trondheim, on the 250-metre (820 ft) wide isthmus between the river Nidelva and the Trondheimsfjord.
The stone church was built in 1889 by the architect Eugene Sissenére, and it was consecrated on 7 June 1889. It does not have its own graveyard on the church site. The church is part of the Ilen parish in the Byåsen deanery in the Diocese of Nidaros.