Immaculate Conception Church
History and museums
The Immaculate Conception Church is a historic church at 115 N. Cushman Street in Fairbanks, Alaska, United States.
Built in 1904, it was the first Roman Catholic Church erected in Alaska's interior. The church was originally located on Dunkel Street, but in the winter of 1911-12, the church was moved across the Chena River to its present location so that it would be closer to St. Joseph's Hospital, which closed in the 1960s. After the move, the basement of rough frame structure was enlarged to provide a parish hall, it was wired for electricity, and a parish house was built adjacent. The steeple and vestibule were added in 1914, the roof was raised, and the choir gallery added. Its stained glass windows were added in 1926-28.
The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.