Keelung Fort Commander's Official Residence
History and museums
The Keelung Fort Commander's Official Residence (Chinese: 基隆要塞司令官邸; pinyin: Jīlóng Yàosài Sīlìng Guāndǐ) is a historical building in Zhongzheng District, Keelung City, Taiwan.
The building was constructed in 1931 during the Japanese rule of Taiwan for the residence of Keelung Nagami Bus company employees, in which the company was located at the north of the building. It was built by the company owner, Isuke Nagami. After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China in 1945, due to the original commander's residence having been bombed, the Fortification Command used this building as the temporary Commander's Residence. The building was later rented by the Li family, thus it got its name Li's house.
The building is a combination of Japanese and Western styles. The main building is located on the north side, while the receiving room and the Japanese garden are on the south side.
The building is accessible north east of Keelung Station of Taiwan Railways Administration.