History and museums
Nedstryn Church (Norwegian: Nedstryn kyrkje) is a parish church in Stryn Municipality in Sogn og Fjordane county, Norway. It is located in the village of Nedstryn, just west of the municipal centre of Stryn. The church is part of the Nedstryn parish in the Nordfjord deanery in the Diocese of Bjørgvin. The white, wooden church was built in 1859 by the architect Ludolph Rolfsen using plans drawn by Hans Linstow. The church seats about 400 people. The church was consecrate on 6 November 1859.
The old stave church at Nedstryn was demolished around 1650 and a new cruciform church was built on the site. This church was tarred on the outside and had a tower and porch. By the mid-1800s the ailing old church building was in need of major repairs or replacement, so it was demolished in 1859 and the present church was built to replace it.