Place de la Bourse
History and museums
Place de la Bourse is one of the most recognizable sights of Bordeaux. Its architect was Ange-Jacques Gabriel. It was built from 1730 to 1775
In the original plan, there was a statue of King Louis XV. However, the statue was destroyed during the French Revolution. After the destruction of the statue, a Corinthian column-fountain was built on the square. Finally, in 1869 "Three Graces" was installed in the same location.
Design of the surrounding buildings was finished by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1739, however the project was issued two weeks after the great architect's death. After his death, his son came in change and finished the construction of the buildings. 1