San Zeno (Pisa)
History and museums
San Zeno is a church and a former abbey in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy.
The church is documented going back to 1029. It was part of a monastery built over pre-existing edifices, and, until the 15th century, it had also a hospital. In the 12th century it was held by the Camaldolese monks.
The church has a nave and two aisles. The façade is preceded by a portico supported by pilasters and a central columns. The second row has mullioned windows and decorations with lozenges and small circular windows, with ceramic basins by Islamic masters (11th century; the originals are in the National Museum of San Matteo).
The interior has ancient Roman capitals and traces of medieval paintings.