Diving is the main activity in Sharm el-Sheikh. When you dive into the warm water of the Red Sea and leave the remote desert behind, you will enter a world full of life and colors.
- The reefs of Tiran and Ras Mohammed are known as two of the best diving-spots in the world. They can be reached by boat from Sharm within two hours. Ras Mohammed is the name of the southernmost point of the Sinai peninsula. There, the current of the Gulf of Aqaba meets the Gulf of Suez. Due to the increase of plankton in the water, the amount of fish is incredible. Huge schools of Barracudas, Sharks, and Morays can be seen there every day.
Before 2011 you may have found 20 dive boats at each site, however, today with a decline in tourism divers are able to enjoy quieter dives and at times have sites to themselves.
- The wreck of the SS Thistlegorm is generally regarded as one of the finest wreck dives in the world. However, it can also become very crowded with divers but less often now due to the decline in tourist numbers.
- A diving safari allows the possibility of diving beautiful reefs way beyond the reach of any day tripping boats. The costs of dive safaris vary depending on the distance covered and standard of the boat.
- Marina Divers Sharm, Concorde el Salam Resort (White Knights Dive Site close to the airport), 8 am-8 pm. A family-run dive center est. 1991 offering SCUBA & Snorkeling in a friendly and professional environment. Daily boats to Tiran and Ras Mohamed National Park.
- Blue Lagoon Sharm, New La Perla Hotel (Close to El Fanar in Hadaba), 8am-7pm. A boutique PADI Diving Center with own boats catering for individual and group bookings tailor-making each to suit clients needs.
- Camel Dive Club
- Colona Divers.
- Divers International, Sofitel Hotel (North end of Na'ama Bay), 0020106770462, 9 AM-6 PM. PADI five star diving centers offering daily diving trips, PADI courses, and liveaboard safaris.
- Diving Ocean.
- Dolphin Diving Center.
- Emperor Divers.
- Enigma Charters.
- Oonas Dive Center A small, friendly dive center at the quieter end of Na'ama Bay offering daily diving and all PADI courses - discounts for internet bookings.
- Millenium Dive Center, Sharm Resort & Plaza (10 Minutes from the Airport in direction of Na'ama Bay), 0020693604266, 8 AM-6 PM. PADI five star diving centers with own daily boat and trips to Dahab and Thislegorm. Located at Far and Middle Garden Reef.
- Mr. Diver. A friendly dive center based in the Marriot hotel offering a full range of PADI courses.
- Ocean College.
- RedSea Diving College.
- Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village.
- Sharm Divers.
- Sinai College Diving Center Special Discount for Online Booking.
- Sinai Divers Naama Bay
- Ultimate Diving Holidays.
Discover incredible landscapes by jeep, camel or simply trekking with friendly and hospitable Bedouin guides. The Sinai desert is amazingly beautiful and varied. The famous Mt Sinai and St Catherine's Monastery are not to be missed as well as many spectacular canyons. It is strongly recommended to go to the desert with a responsible operator employing Bedouin and respecting the environment.
Desert Safari operators:
- Sharm Desert Safari It Is Not Normal To Visiting Sharm el-Sheikh Without Doing Sharm and Sinai Excursions in the Red Sea and Sinai Peninsula Desert Adventure Trips
- Sharm Safari Excursions Many travelers interested in Safari Excursions in Sharm El Sheikh to enjoy a camel ride, quad biking, and Bedouin life.
- Sharm Reisen Safari specializing in excursions for German speaking guests offers safari excursions from Sharm el-Sheikh to the stunning desert landscape and rock formations of Sinai including quad biking, camel safari, jeep safari trips, etc.
- Sinai Safari Daily excursions in the desert to suit all budgets and needs. Sinai Safari is the most qualified and experienced safari operator in South Sinai, owned, managed and guided by Bedouin guaranteeing you a memorable desert experience.
- Stables at Sofitel Hotel. Helpful personnel. Require helmets (provided); several pairs of riding boots available. After the ride, offer you to give showers to your horse. Bambi and Kelly are declared the fastest horses. Too far from the desert: in 2-hours route, only 40 minutes is an actual ride in the desert, the remainder time is spent to get there and to return back. For 2 hours, better choose stables at the edge of the desert.
Go-karting is a fun activity here in Sharm with weather conditions fantastic.
Ghibli Raceway The circuit itself has been built to the standards set by the “Commission Internationale de Karting” (CIK-FIA) and the authorized international body within the “Federation Internationale d'Automobile” (FIA). Today, Ghibli Raceway's Sharm facility is proudly one of only four homologated tracks in the world with a “Grade A license”. Our fervor for the sport and its development has spurred us to continuously develop our service to be unsurpassed in all aspects. A testament to Ghibli's success was hosting the prestigious Rotax Max Challenge World Finals, the most international (38 countries) and popular (+7,000 competitors) FIA sanctioned motorsport formula, in January 2004.
There are dozens of operators who seem to use just the same route, length, and sequence of stops: when you drive, you meet many groups who follow just the same route as yours. There are several really shaky pieces of the route, very much like a washboard.
Wear a long-sleeved shirt; shoes are safer than sandals. Always wear a helmet and make sure your travel insurance covers this activity. Expect all your wear (and skin) to be covered with grey dust.
2 hours of riding is just enough for a non-professional rider; expect several stops along the way.
At departure point, choose a bike at the beginning of the motorcade: being one of the first allows to drive faster, and results in less dust.
- Sharm Safari Explore desert life and have enjoyable moments. Staff is highly qualified and helpful.
- Tiba Safari / Tiba Trip. Sold by Orbit agency and many others. Groups are 10-15 bikes; two persons per bike is allowed (although bikes are originally designed for a single person). Tasting Berber tea is very risky for your stomach--proven several times. Group is accompanied by a car with camcorder--video is not worth buying, and the car generates much extra dust (you can't do much with it unless your whole group asks in advance to not make a video at all).
Make sure you stay on the path and follow your guide, as Egypt has one quarter of the world's landmines buried in its deserts, some of them surprisingly close to Sharm el-Sheikh.
Parasailing is very enjoyable.
The best place to do this is in the Sinai desert on a tour with the Sinai's on their own bred camels.