Central Split is quite compact and most sights can be easily seen and best experienced on foot, but there are frequent local buses to outlying attractions and the airport.
It is possible to rent a car, during high season prices may be high (or cars unavailable) so consider booking before arrival.
- Rent a Car Split NOVA, Obala kneza Domagoja bb - Pothodnik, +385 98 9836950 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +385 21 338 447). Quality car rental, transfers and chauffeur drive with low prices.
- Avax Rent a Car, Obala Lazareta 3, +385 95 153 9493 (email@example.com, fax: +385 21 332 471), 08:00-20:00.
Public transit is organized by Promet. Most of the city buses in Split are new, but some are very old and dilapidated. Tickets can be bought at kiosks or from the bus driver. Only single-journey tickets can be bought on buses.
When you board the bus you must validate your ticket in the yellow machine or give it to the driver for validation.
- Rent a bike Split. Split, Zajceva 7. +385 21 388 951. Bike Hire Split.
- Rent your high quality bike rental with delivery or take the Split city bike tour covering the best that Split offers, +385 91 790 3747.
Rent a bike and enjoy beautiful biking along Split's waterfront (Riva), continue to
(approximately 7 km), climb to the top of the hill for a great view on the Split town and surrounding islands. You can bike to the east side, along the coast to the nearby village of
. Another great option from Split is to take a day tour to nearby islands of Solta
or Vis. You can take the bike on a regular ferry (they leave approximately every couple of hours in the summer season) and bike along quiet roads and charming villages, explore great beaches and restaurants and return in the evening to Split!
New bikes for rental in Split area fare prices. Delivery to your address +385 95 887 56 26 (electric bikes, MTBikes, City bikes) Delivery free of charge in Split
- New Trek bikes in Split city center Split, Majstora Jurja 4. +385 913909416. Rent a bike in Split.
There are many companies that offer speedboat transfer/taxi service to nearby destinations; half-day, daily & weekly rentals; and guided excursions with a skipper.
A couple of reputable private companies include Boat for You in Split and Adria Seafari. They provide speedboat services such as passenger transfers to islands (Hvar, Brač, Vis, etc.) from /to port of Split
or Split Airport, organizes sea safari tours for small groups and providing any other sea service you may require. Also is possible to rent a whole boat with or without a skipper and explore Adriatic sea by yourself.
Another boat rental, excursions and boat transfer company: Mayer Charter Phone: 00385912518222
There is a speed boat from Split or Split airport to Brač
, and Trogir
. They offer day trips to Hvar, Pakleni islands (Palmižana) and Bol
) in one day.