St. Mark's Episcopal Church (Glendale, California)
History and museums
St. Mark's Episcopal Church is an historic church in Glendale, California, founded in 1893. It is a member of The Episcopal Church. Records indicate that the first services occurred in August of 1888, predating its official founding by five years. The church is located at 1020 North Brand Boulevard in the center of Glendale. The rector is the Very Reverend Canon Mark A. Weitzel. This church has been a popular venue for many concerts and stage productions. In 2009, the church acquired, with help from the Ahmanson Foundation, a very high quality pipe organ built in 1929 by Ernest M. Skinner (Opus 774). The church also runs a preschool and pre-Kindergarten program for children between the ages of two and five. In 2013, a book was published which details the history of the parish.