St. Peter's Cathedral
History and museums
St. Peter's Cathedral of Rabat (French: Cathédrale Saint-Pierre de Rabat) is a Roman Catholic cathedral located in downtown Rabat, Morocco, at place du Golan (Golan Square). It is built in Art Deco and is the seat of the Archdiocese of Rabat.
Construction of the cathedral started in 1919. The chief architect was M. Laforgue. The inaugural ceremony was presided by Hubert Lyautey in 1921, and the cathedral became operational in November of that year. The two towers of the cathedral, distinctive of the Rabat skyline, were added in the 1930s.
The cathedral is still operational, and mass is celebrated every other day.