History and museums
Svalbard Church (Norwegian: Svalbard kirke) is located in Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway and is part of the Church of Norway and the world's most northern church. Built of wood, it was inaugurated in 1958. There was an older church that was destroyed during World War II.
The parish belongs to the Diocese of Nord-Hålogaland. There is a minister and two other employees. There is no other church on Svalbard, but there is a Russian Orthodox chapel in Barentsburg. The minister visits other communities on Svalbard: Svea, and Ny-Ålesund.