Tour de Roccapina
History and museums
The Tour de Roccapina (Corsican: Torra di Roccapina ) is a Genoese tower located in the commune of Sartène (Corse-du-Sud) on the southwest coast of the French island of Corsica. The tower sits at an elevation of 100 m on the Cappu di Roccapina headland.
The construction of the tower was began in 1609. It was one of a series of coastal defences built by the Republic of Genoa between 1530 and 1620 to stem the attacks by Barbary pirates. In 1994 the tower was listed as one of the official historical monuments of France.