Tour de Turghiu
History and museums
The Tour de Turghiu or Tour de Capu Rossu (Corsican: Torra di Turghju) is a ruined Genoese tower located in the commune of Piana (Corse-du-Sud) on the coast of the French island of Corsica. The tower sits at an elevation of 331 m (1,086 ft) on the summit of the Capu Rossu headland to the south of the Golfe de Porto.
The tower was built in 1608 under the direction of Anton Giovanni Sarrola and with the assistance of Marco Clemente and Taddeo Cantone. It was one of a series of coastal defences constructed by the Republic of Genoa between 1530 and 1620 to stem the attacks by Barbary pirates.