History and museums
Utsira Lighthouse (Norwegian: Utsira fyr) is a coastal lighthouse in Rogaland county, Norway. It sits on the western side of the island of Utsira in the municipality of Utsira.
The lighthouse was first lit in 1844, and listed as a protected site in 1999. At an elevation of 78.2 metres (257 ft), the lighthouse has the highest elevation of all the lighthouses in Norway. Originally, the lighthouse had a twin lighthouse located about 100 metres (330 ft) away. The twin lighthouses were used to distinguish it from other nearby lighthouses, but the other lighthouse was decommissioned in 1890. Since 2008, one of the lighthouse keeper's buildings has served as a tourist cabin.
The 13.3-metre (44 ft) tall round stone building is painted red with a white trim. At the top, there is a 1st order Frensel lens which emits three white flashes every 60 seconds. The light has an intensity of 986,200 candela, and it can be seen for a distance of up to 23 nautical miles (43 km; 26 mi).