History and museums
Yenepoya University is a deemed university in Mangalore, Karnataka, India, established in 2009.
Yenepoya University has a unique Centre for Ethics that conducts structured academic programs in bioethics such as Postgraduate Diploma in Bioethics & Medical Ethics (PGDBEME), Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Ethics (PGDCE), Choice-based course in Environmental Ethics and Intensive Summer Workshop in Ethics and Research (I-SWEAR) for training of ethics committee members and researchers. The Centre also hosts the Yenepoya University Ethics Committee that is recognised by the DCGI. The Centre also mentors many institutions for training ethics committee members. www.ethics.edu.in
The M.B.B.S. (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) course is of 4.5 years plus 1 one year mandatory internship as per set standards of the MCI for India.The courses are mainly oriented for earning a degree. Courses offered for MS/MD (PG Medical Courses)
• MD (General Medicine) • MD (Paediatrics) • MD (Pathology) • MS (OBG) • MS (Orthopaedics) • MS (General surgery) • MS (Ophthalmology) • MS (ENT) • MD (TB & Chest). MD (Forensic Medicine and Toxicology) 3 year programme.
The B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) course runs for four years, followed by a one-year internship. The examination and award of degree are regulated as per standards of Indian Dental Council.
The Pre-Clinical departments are housed in the Academic block . State-of-the-art dental clinics covering all dental specialties with more than 300 dental chairs are attached to the college. The Yenepoya Dental College is headed by Dr B H Sripathi Rao (former Executive Member, Dental Council of India (DCI) New Delhi).
MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) courses are normal three years. The examination and award of degree are regulated by Yenepoya University.
• Oral Medicine (Oral Diagnosis) and Radiology • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery • Periodontics • Conservative Dentistry including Endodontics • Prosthodontics including Crown & Bridge. • Orthodontics • Paedodontics • Preventive and Community Dentistry • Oral Pathology & MicroBiology
The Library is housed in the academic block with an area of about 35,000 sq ft (3,300 m2). All books as required by Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India are provided ( not necessarily). Journals with back volumes are also available. The Library is divided • Central Library • P.G. Library
• Circulation Service • Reference Service • Reprographic Service •
Helinet Consortium - Access to e-journals & e-texts.
A separate museum for Anatomy Part of all departments, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine are housed in the respective departments, with collection of wet and dry specimens, embryology models and exhibits.
• Seven Lecture Halls with seating capacity of above 100 each • Audio Visual Teaching facilities with LCD projection systems . Conference halls with a seating capacity of 400 • Examination hall with a capacity to accommodate 500 students at a time • Demonstration Rooms and Service Rooms ( shared by dental, nursing) in every Department
• 24 hours diagnostic service laboratory • Medical Imaging facilities • Medical Record Library• Statistical Unit • Pharmacy • Central Sterilisation Unit •Public Relations Department • Physical Education Department.
Separate Hostels are provided for Men and Women with a capacity of 500 outside the campus ( Note Mandatory for all PGs even if your localites. You have to pay hostel fees for all students irrespective you stay or not. All the rooms are well furnished,wifi facilities and well equipped. The students are expected to stay in the hostels throughout the period of their study. The hostels have facilities to cater to both vegetarian & non-vegetarian students.The Hostels are spread outside the campus.
A large sports ground encompasses the campus with facilities for Football, Cricket, Hockey & various other sports activities. Basketball & Volleyball are provided for, near the hostel premises. The indoor sports centre has facilities for Badminton, Table Tennis and it also houses a well-equipped Gym.
• Rain Water Harvesting system has been developed with a capacity of about 10 million Ltrs as a secondary source of water for the Campus. • Sewage Treatment Plant is installed for recycling of sewage water • Incinerators are provided within the Campus for the easy disposal of waste thus providing a tidy and hygienic campus.• World Planting Day' held at campus • Multi culture plantation is provided to make the campus green. • Solar system of water heating is provided for hot water facility for the students.
Students are subjected to a thorough medical check-up, immediately on joining the institution. Every student of the College shall be covered under a private health insurance plan which includes a majority of diagnostic tests and procedures as well as hospitalisation.